There’s no better way to ring in the beginning of fall (and school) than with homemade granola. Healthier and more delicious than its store-bought counterpart, homemade granola is a quick and easy snack that the whole family is sure to love.
Use this golden granola to top yogurt and berries for breakfast, pair with applesauce as a snack, or add texture to baked pears and ice cream for a flavorful dessert. Feel free to add other fall spices, like a pinch of cloves, nutmeg, ground ginger, or all three!
Note: This granola is mildly sweet; to increase the sweetness, increase maple syrup to ⅔ cup.
Yield: 8 cups
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped, optional (leave-out for allergen-friendly recipe)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, warmed slightly so that it’s liquid
- ½ cup maple syrup (dark color, robust taste is preferred but any real maple syrup will do)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Wolf GR366 36 inch Gas Range – 6 Burners
- Preheat your Wolf oven or range to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add rolled oats, crispy rice cereal, walnut pieces (if using), coconut flakes, cinnamon and salt. Mix to combine.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, add the coconut oil (if not already warm, microwave the coconut oil in 10-second increments until liquid), maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the oat mixture and stir until the oat mixture is evenly coated.
- Add the oat mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, stirring once halfway through. The granola should be lightly golden.
- Allow the granola to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and store for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
|Based on 1/4 cup servings|
Credit : Source Post